2021 is the year of NFT, no doubt. It’s growing like crazy and the hype is huge. NFTs have so much potential, so let’s have a look into its ecosystem.
At LEOCODE, we are a technological partner and applying new tools and following new trends is in our blood. Until now, we have dabbled with NFTs (minting, buying, selling), but this has mostly been out of curiosity… So far…
What is an NFT and why do we care?
We started writing about NFT a few months ago. Since then, we’ve seen so many interesting projects develop and a huge number of people have gotten on board with the concept. Its creators have tried to use NFTs to deliver utility for the user. Many potential applications for NFTs have been identified, such as:
- Art NFTs: It all started with JPEGs and has not evolved into something much more complex.
- Gaming NFTs: Gamers are a very active group and can use items collected in games as NFTs. This gives them the power to own and manage their own assets.
- Financial NFTs: In Defi, NFTs provide unique financial abilities when it comes to lending, earning, buying and selling.
- Fashion and Wearable NFTs: Luxury brands are exploring the NFT space like crazy.
- Music NFTs: Imagine a model completely the opposite to Spotify where the revenue goes mainly to creators via smart contracts (royalties on the blockchain) – this is one potential of NFTs.
- Real Estate NFTs: There are currently platforms for selling digital real estate in both the virtual and real world.
- Identification and Documentation NFTs: They can store sensitive information and be secure at the same time.
- Real-World Asset NFTs: It is possible to enjoy real-world asset ownership with NFT tokens.
- Metaverses: You can own land in a virtual space.
We started exploring further, and we found even more places where NFT makes sense. Eventually, we got fascinated with it and started evangelizing people wherever we could.
One of the biggest marketplaces in this space is OpenSea – one of the largest peer-to-peer marketplaces for NFTs on the web with monthly transactions in excess of $2 billion – insane! It was created by Xooglers and is a market leader. We have followed them for some time and we decided to use them in our project to distribute the NFT.
Why We are Going to Create an NFT Experience on New Year’s Eve
Adam, our CEO, met with two brothers, Marcin and Maciej, and we decided to launch an NFT New Year’s Eve. In a nutshell, we want to do something that will be unique and deliver a great experience to our users.
No one has ever done it before. We have connected a VOUCHER for the Party to an NFT to celebrate the end of 2021, and to connect to other crazy NFT creators and followers. It is also a good chance for us to contribute and make a small impact in this space. This Voucher will give multiple benefits to the owner, not only during the New Year’s Eve celebration but also continuing into the future. The token will stay with the auction winner forever and will give them ongoing benefits.
We believe that NFTs will be a permanent feature of the digital landscape and we want to be right there in the middle of it as a leading technological partner. NFTs are a real game-changer in marketing and PR. People use Telegram, Twitter, Discord, and other similar communities with a “community first” approach. There is no point in making ads as these are people-driven initiatives. In our opinion, we are entering a new era of fascination with crypto projects, driven by the crowd (mainly via DAOs).
Keep it 4ether:
So, if you don’t have plans for New Year’s Eve (or even if you do!), then why not hop over to 4Ether and sign up so you can come and celebrate with us! And if you are planning to launch your very own NFT project, let us know and we will gladly come along for a chat!
Read more: 15 NFT Use Cases That Could Go Mainstream